AFIFUDDIN AHMAD HAFIFI
LL.B. (Hons) Mara Technology University (UiTM)
Bar Admission – 2008
Afifuddin started his legal carrier in 2005 when he joined government service as a Deputy Public Prosecutor in Kuala Lumpur. From 2005 to 2007 he had conducted over 43 criminal trial cases and appeals covering various sections of the Penal Code, Dangerous Drugs Act, Firearm Increase Penalty Act, Animal Act, Forfeiture of Property Act, Copyright Act and many more. Had appeared in all 5 Criminal Session Courts in Kuala Lumpur (then) and had appeared in 3 Criminal High Courts. Handled (2) 39B DDA cases which resulted in a conviction. Some of the cases handled that had been highlighted in the media:-
- PP v Elie Yusof Najeem
DPP for this case involving Section 415/417 of the Penal Code. Trial was conducted on 6th of December 2006.
1 October 1987 – 31 July 1990
- PP v Mardani
Assisting DPP for this case involving an offence that is punishable with death. Achieved a conviction. This case has been reported in the Current Law Journal citation: (2005) 7 CLJ 495
- PP v Abdul Rashid
First case intensely highlighted by the media that involve animal abuse and bad-husbandry treatment to defenseless animals.
- PP v Ismail Shah
Case under section 376 of the Penal Code. Highlighted by the media as one of the country’s worst serial rapist of the year. Case was set for trial in March 2007.
Bar Admission – 2008
Attended and chaired meetings with Head Departments of the police force discussing issues concerning crime and the method to curb the raising crime rate in Kuala Lumpur. Assisted in the process of drafting a uniform charge for major offences for the Kuala Lumpur Traffic Police Force.
Pupillage in Messrs. Zul Rafique & Partners
In 2007 he left government service to pursue his professional career as an Advocate and Solicitor where he had completed his pupillage under the guidance of the esteemed Messrs. Zul Rafique & Partners. There he had acquired the skills and knowledge in corporate law and among others he had develop skills in:
- Drafting commercial, engineering, construction, procurement and employment contracts
- Conducted and headed meetings with contractors and clients
- Reviewed legal documents and prepared legal opinion in relation to Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning Contracts and other related engineering contracts
- Assisted in court proceedings in relation to contractual matters
- Drafting Supplementary Agreements for contractual matters
- Drafting Knock for Knock Agreements
- Drafting Partnership Agreement for usage of land
- Drafting Partnership Agreement for usage of petrol station in Pulau Pinang
- Drafted Heads of Agreement
- Assisted in the drafting of a Production Sharing Contract
- Drafted Letter of Agreements for Data Transfer
- Drafted Metering Service Agreement
- Drafted Sale of Bitumen and by-products agreement
- Drafted Joint Operating Company Agreements
- Assisted in the drafting of Engineering Procurement Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) contracts
- Assisted in the drafting of Build Own Operate contracts (BOOC) and
- Prepared legal opinions for various issues in relation to contractual matters.